Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ode to Club Genelda...things were GREAT in 08!

Being on the road gives me time to think back on the good ole days, and today was no different. In preparation to return to Auburn next week, I've been thinking about my favorite memories from my 6 years there! This morning I woke up and for some reason Club Genelda has been on my mind all day. My second senior year was the best year ever. 2008 honestly was GREAT! So many memories were made that year that I will NEVER forget. My roomies were the best ever, and the parties we had were amazing. I sure will miss that tiny apartment behind Arbys and India. In honor of my return to the loveliest village on the plains, I've decided to dedicate my posts this week to my Auburn memories. So in honor of Club Genelda, I dedicate this post.


Ode to Club Genelda
On the corner (of Thomas and Genelda),
With a front yard hammock,
There you sit,
In dark red brick.

So close to campus,
You were such a find.
For 4 college girls,
Those girls of mine.

We moved right in,
Unloaded Buddy,
Gave Corey a desk,
because we had no money.

We enjoy a good time,
Theme parties we had.
First came the Worst Dressed,
And our potluck dinner wasn't too bad.

With our green couches,
Cute tables,
Big mirror, and flowers,
We decorated so cute and we sure loved our cable!

DVR was our friend,
As we watched Biggest Loser before working out,
OTH and Gossip Girl,
And of course Wipeout!

Roomie dinners and pictures,
And all the birthday parties,
FUN tailgates with the BOTE,
And headin' downtown with our hotties!

We walked every weekend,
Because your location was the best.
Sometimes made friendships along the way,
And got subway....EAT FRESH!

Fall semester came and went,
And spring semester was next.
An addition to our family was made,
And he was of the opposite sex!

No, no, it's not what you think,
Our new roommate was tiny.
His name was Bruno,
And at times he was whiny!

He chewed up the carpet,
And he sure liked to bark,
But I loved that little weenie dog,
When we took him to the park.

Fond memories we have,
Especially of Jeffie,
Cinco de Mayo and Spring Break,
Then it all ended in a jiffy!

Graduation soon came,
And we said our goodbyes,
Moving on in our lives,
We sure miss those good times!

THANK YOU CLUB GENELDA!
You never cease to amaze.
The best times we've now had,
We will remember you always!

Here's a video slide show of the times I enjoyed at Club Genelda with my Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment