Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 5, 2010

Callin' Baton Rouge

Operator won't you put me on through? Gotta send my love down to Baton Rouge!

Last weekend I got to visit my sissy, Bridgett, and her bf Mat!!! They picked me up at the airport in New Orleans, and as soon as my plane landed I couldn't wait to get off to see them! As a part of my visit, I got a tour of Hammond, LA. The conclusion of the tour included a riveting experience at the Buzz. This place had a special kind of class gracing it's dance floor, and we made it our mission to observe such tragic behavior. At times I felt as though I was not yet old enough to enter such an establishment; however, we made our way to the center of the dance floor and had a great time closing down the Buzz.

Saturday, we went to Baton Rouge to tailgate for the Alabama/LSU game. I was definitely not prepared for all the walking we would be doing that Saturday, but I'm pretty sure we got a good 5 miles in (at an absolute minimum)! We got to BR, found a sketchy place to park, loaded the purse down with some "snacks", and walked off to meet up with our crew. After walking around for a while, we managed to meet up with everyone else, and decided to go to the bar to watch the game. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea. We packed in as best as we could, and managed to find a tv. At Walk On's I ran into Justin, who I haven't seen in 2 years! It was good to stop and say hey, but there were just too many people where we were, so Mat, Bridge and I decided to walk to another tailgate. The game wasn't exactly going well for Bama once we decided to make our way to the tailgate, so soon after our arrival we decided it was best to start our journey to the truck to avoid traffic. As we were walking up to the house where we had decided to park, the kind Mexican man who had taken our money in exchange for a place to park walked out and asked if we needed our car. We had been his first customers to park behind the house, and had been told that there would be a clear path for us to leave whenever we were ready. As we looked at the house, there were cars packed into the driveway, and there was NO conceivable way we would be getting out in the next 4 hours! When we noticed this, immediately we all became very upset and had some unfortunate choice words to share with this gentleman who had given us his word that we could leave when ready. The gentleman grinned as he shook his hand in our face and said, "Do not let the outcome of the game determine your anger." (haha, I had to giggle a little at this) Soon after the dispute was underway, we realized that our truck was parked in the yard next door, which conveniently had a path cleared for an easy exit. Needless to say we all felt TERRIBLE, and apologized profusely! The man and his son were very nice about it, and told us that they were glad that everything worked out the way it should. As we drove off, I am fairly sure they more than likely ripped on us the way we so rudely did to them, and we totally deserved it. We all couldn't get over how we had acted simply because we were tired and wanted to leave, and even Sunday morning we were still talking about how horrible we were.

Sunday we woke up, went to breakfast, church, and to school for Bridgett to do some work. I got to grade some papers, and write the bell work on the board while Mat studied and Bridge made Sub plans for the next day. =) The three of us did some quality bonding that weekend, and I sure do miss them now that I'm gone. Monday morning Bridgett took me to the airport and I flew off to Iowa for the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment