Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring is in the Air (or is it summer? or back to winter?)

It's that time of year again....SPRING!  Days are getting longer and the sun is warming up the air....or is it?  Last week my travels had me visiting East Carolina University.  The weather was beautiful during my stay and temperatures made it to the 80's. This spike in temperatures caused me to re-evaluate the wardrobe in my closet/suitcase, and I found it challenging to put together an outfit suitable for such fabulous weather.  Due to the layering items that I've kept in my suitcase this past semester, I was able to manage for the week I was in town.  Unfortunately, I am back in Ohio and experiencing winter once again.

I look forward to the days when the heat of the day calls for a cooler at the pool with a little SPF and good friends.  The days where you drive around with the radio blasting and windows down.  Trips to the beach for the weekend and going for a long boat ride on the lake.  These days are right around the corner and this puts a huge smile on my face!

This is my last chapter visit as an ELC.  Next week I will be in Indianapolis with the other consultants where it all began back in July.  We will only have 3 days to debrief and catch up with the close friends we've made this year.  Time has passed by so quickly and I have no clue what comes next, but I know it will be amazing (it always is)!

1 comment: