Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's LOVE got to do with it?

Valentine's day was this past Monday, and I must say that it was one of the best Valentine's day's I've ever had. I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, because in my opinion if you're in love with someone you will show them every day instead of waiting for a hallmark holiday and a sugar high. On the flip side, if you're not in a relationship with someone, then the disturbing realization that you're alone on this couple day becomes that much more apparent. To add insult to this situation, you then have access to this extra large supply of chocolates to cope with your feelings. Gladly I did not choose the sugar high to relieve the stress and stigma of being, dare I say it "SINGLE", on this day of looooove.

Instead, I decided to spend the day with my friends (who were conveniently in the same predicament). Here's how my day went:

11am - Wake up =) Why not sleep in? I didn't have anything better to be doing because I took the day off. I had no desire to be at a sorority house accepting the deliveries of their flowers and chocolates, or worse listening to the girls not being showered with gifts.

11:30am - 2.5 mile jog. There's no better way to enjoy the absolutely PERFECT weather that the Lord blessed us with this past weekend.

1pm - Lunch with Sara and Emily at Moe's. Sara took a half day at work and came back to Auburn to hang out.

2pm - Mani/Pedi. What girl doesn't like to be pampered every now and then?

4pm - Time to hit the Gym. While Sara headed for the elliptical I joined in on the Body Pump class that was about to begin. Unfortunately we weren't sooner because all of the spots in the back had been taken. It's been since freshman year since I went to a Body Pump class and now I was front and center for everyone to see when my energy began to fade fast. Luckily the girls at JSU had encouraged me to do the Insanity workout DVDs, so Body Pump wasn't that challenging of a task, and turned out to be a great workout.

5pm - Made it home and decided on Hibachi Express for dinner. After working off all that fat, why not eat 8lbs of fried rice doused in orange sauce. SOOOO Good! While Sara, Em, and I were in the drive thru at Hibachi we realized that if we wanted to meet single guys, then this was probably a good place to do so. Think about it....who else would be going through a drive-thru on Valentine's Day? Right?!

10pm - Time to hit downtown for an entertaining display of fun, also known as Karaoke Night at Skybar. Emily, Sara, and I met up with Webb, Sullivan, Mike, and Cory and enjoyed listening to the interesting song selections of everyone in the crowd.

Around 1am we decided to head home to catch a nap before I had to catch a shuttle to the airport at 6am. This Valentine's weekend turned out to be a great break from work, and a much needed vacation with my friends. I can't wait until our next vacation, Mardi Gras, which is only 2 short weeks away now!


No comments:

Post a Comment