Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's about that time!

The Indiana State Fair was the best decision ever! On Friday evening the Alpha Xi and Theta Chi consultants got together and checked out the fair. There were tons of fun animals, and lots of interesting people to watch as well. Here are some pictures from our night at the fair:













Today has gone by so slowly. Last night Allison and I went to trivia with the Theta Chi's and said all of our goodbyes. First thing this morning, Allison and I loaded up the Journey (our incredibly sexy Dodge SUV we've been cruising Indy in for the past month) and set off for the airport. After dropping my bestie at the airport, I drove back to the apartment and proceeded to keep myself busy. I started by watching Wedding Crashers, running the dishwasher, doing a load of laundry, and going for a 3 mile jog. I was able to talk to both of my sisters today, and take a short nap. Now I am sitting here and it is only 5pm...what to do? Dinner options are running through my mind, but before I manage to make a decision on that, I believe I will go for another run.



The bag is packed and ready for the most part, so there really isn't much left for me to do as far as getting ready for tomorrow is concerned. I need to charge all of my electronics, and make sure everything is in order for me to leave here early in the morning. My flight to Orlando leaves at 7:15am, and I am so excited to get to work!

Being the last person to leave Indy has it's ups and downs. On the upside, I have had tons of "me" time to collect myself, and prepare for the coming months. I have also had time to talk with my family today, which I have been failing miserably at lately. On the downside, I've gone from having 6 of us together all day every day, and our occasional sleepovers in the living room floor, to being all alone and quite. To combat the silence I have slacker radio blaring at the moment, and thankfully Allison has reached her destination and I am able to chat with her through skype right now.

Time to go be more productive! My life is about to be a kind of crazy I've never known, and I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I know you'll have lots of fun and you'll do a great job!!! Tomorrow is our first day of school, and with 30 kids on the roster, I'm slightly freaking out!

    I still haven't bought a webcam, but we need to set up a Skype date ASAP.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Becky....yes I completely understand how you felt this day. There are so many more absolutely amazing incredible highs to greet you along this journey, and of course those are met with some challenging ones! The person you will be a year from now I hope is one you look up to and admire. My ELC experience is one i am very fortunate for and blessed to have had. I am definitely a changed person for the better x100. TFJ :)

    ReplyDelete