Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 2: East Carolina

Next stop is Greenville, NC for week 2 on the road. My connecting flight was in Charlotte, and much to my surprise, and EXTREME EXCITEMENT, Allison’s connecting flight was also at Charlotte at the same time!!!! We got to see each other for a few minutes and catch up, even though it had only been one week since we were living together in Indy (not to mention the fact that we talked every night when I was in Orlando). After seeing Allison, I made it to the smallest airport in the world…Greenville, NC. You can’t miss the baggage claim, because as soon as you step off the plane and walk into the building you are there. The Gamma Phi ladies were waiting on me and we’re so sweet! They took me around campus and showed me where the other chapter houses were. When we walked into our house I got to meet the chapter advisor, got a house tour, and basically moved right in! A large group was going to see “Eat, Pray, Love” that night, so I tagged along. Then last night, we went to a sister’s apartment to watch “Last Song”. I’m not sure how many more sappy movies I will be able to handle. We need to watch some comedy when I get back next week! 

One of my favorite parts of the job is getting to see different college campuses and towns. The visit wouldn't be complete without eating at the local food establishments! The girls took me to Sup Dogs the last day I was there, and if you know me, then you know I love a good hot dog. I was in Hot Dog heaven, and thoroughly enjoyed my chili cheese dog and fries with Sup Dog Sauce. When I asked the girls what the Sup Dog sauce was, they all just looked at me with smiles on their faces, so I knew I had to try it. Once I had the first taste I knew this was my new favorite sauce. It was barbecue-ish, and you could just taste the calories! :)I can't wait to come back and get more!

So far the toughest part of this job is being away from my friends at home. It definitely helps that these women are so welcoming and fun! I am so glad to be able to call them my sisters, and could totally see myself being a part of this chapter. The hours are long, and dealing with girls and their attitudes can be exhausting at times, but I wouldn’t give back a single minute of it so far. I am already receiving rewards of the work I’ve put into this chapter, and I’ve only been here for 4 days. I can’t wait for Recruitment Week here at ECU!

Next stop, University of Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment